Overview of Contents
I have attempted to present a strategic view of how knowledge of geotechnical engineering practices can be employed when delivering the complex and challenging offshore infrastructure projects associated with oil & gas production.
Regardless of how familiar you are with geotechnical engineering or oil & gas projects, you should find some information of interest on these pages. If you have the time available, I’d very much value any feedback or comments you have on the material presented.
- You will discover most of the technical discussions and geotechnical material presented on the Geotechnical Articles page.
- If you would like to know more about my background and experience, you can find this on my Resumé page.
- If you are searching for a geotechnical specialist you can search through an assortment of useful links and contacts presented on the Geotechnical Specialists page. This list is not exhaustive, but it should be a helpful starting point.
The Geotechnical Articles include posts relating to offshore geotechnical engineering and subsea construction. Focus is mainly on the Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning (EPIC) design of Pipelines, Foundations and Anchoring Systems. The posts are categorised as:
- Introduction: These deal with subjects at a level that is suitable for non-specialists and those interested in the strategic use of geotechnical engineering knowledge.
- Technical: Subjects treated with a level of detail that may be better suited to technical specialists or engineers with some knowledge of the subject area.
- General: Articles that deal with subjects of general interest these may be loosely associated with the key themes of this website.
Please enjoy the site and feel free to refer to any of the graphics or content presented. Fair use and acknowledgements aside, do read and understand the disclaimer on the Blog page before using any of the material.